Binwani’s was founded by Mr. Rupchand in the year 1925 in Riau, Indonesia.
Within a short space of time, Mr Rupchand opened 2 more branches,one in Jambi and another one in Riau.
He invited 2 of his cousin to help him in managing the business in 1938. He opened another branch in Singapore at No 102 North Bridge Road.
In 1940, Mr Rupchand opened his first store in Malaysia which was in Penang.
During this time, business flourished. In 1948, Mr Rupchand passed away leaving a wife,
6 sons and 2 daughters behind. During this time, the store was managed by the Wife Devi.
In 1955, straight after form 5, Chandru Binwani joined the family business and started learning about the business.
In 1972, Chandru Binwani came to Kuala Lumpur and opened the first branch in Jalan Raja Chulan.
From the year 1984, the reigns of the company fell onto Chandru Binwani’s hand as his brother, Tikandas retired from business.
Binwani’s philosophy has always been that customer solution are priority no. 1.
The business was built on this philosophy and foundation.
It has been practised for 3 generations and has proved to be more effective way of handling competition today.